The Department of Finance & Economics, located in the McCoy College of Business is currently accepting applications for Graduate Instructional Assistants. This is a benefits-eligible 50% salaried position starting at $1,350.22.
Duties & Expectations:
- Hours: 20 hours week, average
- Grading homework and /or exams
- Exam proctoring
- Office hours
- Departmental and faculty projects assistance
- Creating, editing, and completing department publications
- Monitoring the T Paul Bulmahn Research and Trading Lab during open lab hours
- Providing technical and software assistance
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be enrolled full time each semester on or before Fall, 2019 and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA throughout the graduate assistantship
- Must be professional and able to provide excellent customer-service with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented, responsible, motivated, dependable, and efficient
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
Interested Applicants must submit:
- A cover letter specifying how the applicant plans to meet duties and qualifications
- A resume or CV with the contact information of three references (international references welcome)
- Expected class schedule (Catsweb preferred. Students who are not yet registered should consult with their graduate advisor)
- Unofficial transcript
- NOTE: Please do NOT contact the office; selected applicants will be contacted directly for an interview beginning April 1, 2019 and will continue until all positions are filled. Other applicants will be notified when the position is filled.
Applicants will be contacted by phone or at Texas State email address only.
NOTE: Please do NOT contact the office; selected applicants will be contacted directly for an interview. Other applicants will be notified when the position is filled.