Information regarding prerequisite changes for FIN 3312
Information regarding prerequisite change for FIN 3312
Please read the entire document
Effective fall 2019, the Finance/Economics (FIN/ECO) Department requires a “B” or better in FIN 3312 – Business Finance (if taken in summer 2019 or later) in order to meet the prerequisites for FIN 3313, FIN 3316 and FIN 3318. Please review the following groups to see which one applies to you and your situation. Be aware this may not affect you if you are not planning to take FIN 3313, FIN 3316 and FIN 3318 for your degree requirements.
- GROUP ONE – If you completed FIN 3312 prior to summer 2019 (i.e. spring 2019 or earlier) and received a grade of a C.
- You will need to complete the special approvals for course registration form on the FIN/ECO website for a prerequisite override to register for FIN 3313, FIN 3316 and FIN 3318 in the fall 2019 semester.
- Please note that you will only have until fall 2019 to complete FIN 3313, FIN 3316 and FIN 3318 with a grade of a C in FIN 3312.
- After fall 2019, if you have not completed your FIN 3313, FIN 3316 and FIN 3318 and you have a C in FIN 3312, you will be required to repeat FIN 3312 to earn a B or better and meet the prerequisites for the courses you have outstanding.
- GROUP TWO – If you completed FIN 3312 in the summer 2019 semester, you must have a “B” or better in FIN 3312 to move on to FIN 3313, FIN 3316 and FIN 3318 in the fall 2019 semester.
- Please note that if you did not earn a “B” or better in FIN 3312 during the summer 2019 semester and you are registered for FIN 3313, FIN 3316 and FIN 3318 for fall 2019, you do not meet prerequisites and will be dropped from these courses. We recommend speaking with an advisor about options going forward.
- GROUP THREE – If you are currently enrolled in FIN 3312 this summer 2019 semester and earn a B or better, or you previously completed FIN 3312 with a B or better in a prior semester, you will not have any issues registering for FIN 3313, FIN 3316 and FIN 3318 in the fall 2019 semester.
If you have any questions about which group you may fall into or how these changes might affect you, please feel free to contact the advising center at 512.245.1993 or stop by 115 McCoy Hall to speak with the Advisor On-Call who will be available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.