The Department of Finance and Economics in the McCoy College of Business at Texas State University seeks candidates to serve as a full-time Manager of the T. Paul Bulmahn Research and Trading Lab, effective Fall 2019. Duties include teaching undergraduate finance courses, managing the trading lab, and providing service to the students and Texas State University, the department, the college, and the profession.
The T. Paul Bulmahn Research and Trading Lab serves as a classroom and laboratory for the McCoy College of Business. Housing 30 computer workstations, data boards, and a ticker, it is supplied with financial market data (Bloomberg and FactSet) and analytical software packages commonly used by finance professionals. The vision is to provide students and faculty with hands-on information and exposure to the technology currently used in the financial markets by accounting and investment professionals.
The Manager of the T. Paul Bulmahn Research and Trading Lab will:
- Support students:
- Serve as lecturer for two sections of Financial Information Technology each semester, beginning in Spring of 2020
- Support the development of courses and training for the proposed MS in Quantitative Finance and Economics
- Support faculty:
- Identify trends in the profession and conduct or facilitate training sessions for faculty on technology-related topics to keep faculty current with those trends
- Facilitate curriculum development for college faculty as it relates to the technology in the Lab by creating learning modules for commonly used software and specific assignments as requested by faculty
- Support research by managing data resources and identifying new data sources
- Administer the Lab:
- Hire, train and manage a team of Lab Assistants to provide support for McCoy faculty and students
- Assure all computers in the Lab are kept updated with the latest versions of installed software and that necessary software and databases are in working order
- Advance the goals of the Department and College:
- Pursue grant opportunities for hardware and software updates
- Increase the awareness of the Lab and its resources among the McCoy College of Business community
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in business with a finance orientation
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and managerial experience
- Exceptional Excel financial modeling skills, as well as experience with contemporary financial data analytic techniques, such as R and Python
- Experience managing information technology
- CFA designation or progress towards CFA
- Demonstrated experience in resource generation
- Teaching experience, preferably at the university level
Only complete applications submitted through the Finance and Economics website will be accepted and considered. Interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV or resume, and evidence of required and preferred qualifications to by June 28. Candidates selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts and three letters of recommendation. Confidential review of application materials will begin July 1, 2019 and continue until a qualified candidate is recommended for appointment.