The Department of Finance & Economics is currently accepting applications for Graduate Instructional Assistants. Graduate students available prior to Fall 2017 will be eligible for hourly summer positions.
Start date: Summer - May 01, 2017 or negotiable
Fall - August 28, 2017
Hours: 20 hours per week, between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday
- Grading homework and/or exams
- Proctoring exams
- Assisting with departmental and faculty projects
- Creating, editing, and completing the departmental newsletter
- Providing office coverage
- Monitoring open T Paul Bulmahn Research and Trading Lab during open lab hours
- Providing technical and software assistance
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be enrolled for at least 9 graduate hours each semester beginning Fall 2017 and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA throughout the graduate assistantship
- Must be professional and able to provide excellent customer-service with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented, responsible, motivated, dependable, and efficient
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience working for Texas State University preferred
Applicants must submit:
- A cover letter specifying how the applicant meets the job qualifications
- A resume with the contact information of three references
- Expected class schedule for Fall 2017 and/or Summer 2017
- Unofficial transcript
- NOTE: Please do NOT contact the office; selected applicants will be contacted directly for an interview. Other applicants will be notified when the position is filled.
- $10/hr for hourly summer position
- 1,350.22/month for Fall, 2017
Applicants will be contacted by phone or at Texas State email address only.
NOTE: Please do NOT contact the office; selected applicants will be contacted directly for an interview. Other applicants will be notified when the position is filled.